Connecticut Continuing Education COURSE
Affordable Housing: Solutions for Homes and Financing
The lack of affordable housing has been a discussion topic in the media, advocacy groups, and the political arena for years, and lately the chatter has become louder and more urgent. How bad is it? According to the leader of one housing coalition, “It’s not a housing crisis. It’s a housing catastrophe.” In this course, we’ll explore the impact that a lack of affordable housing has on individuals, families, and the real estate industry.
If it’s true that inside of every problem lies an opportunity, the opportunity here is huge. We’ll explore largely untapped solutions to locate housing and secure financing, even for low-income borrowers with less-than-stellar credit and little to no down payment. And in three “Bringing it Home” lessons, we’ll show how real estate professionals can become part of the solution for their clients and their communities.
Course highlights include:
- Issues that contribute to the affordable housing crisis
- Socio-economic impact of the affordable housing crisis
- Demographics and geographics of affordable housing
- Creative housing solutions
- Loan programs with minimal and no downpayment options, down payment assistance programs, and creative financing solutions
- How real estate licensees can be part of the affordable housing solution while building their business and improving their communities
- Activities and scenarios to provide real-world context for course content